Wednesday 28 August 2013

The Brown Dress



Another favourite of mine. In 2008, I was travelling in East Europe and found a lovely brown dress (probably made in Thailand) from Zagreb, Croatia. Immediately it became one of my favourite dresses, (looks like I only have favourite dresses). 

I was still using it in the end of 2011 even though it was looking quite worn. Around that time Brown told me in a  polite way, that maybe, just maybe, I should get a new one, by giving me two yards of plain brown fabric. I tried to explain that it is not going to look and feel the same, but eventually I agreed. 

The new dress was almost the same, but I was not able to get it on because it was lacking a zipper (just like the original one, but made of different fabric). So, it took another year that I was actually able to use it. (Well, it is a long story, but first I travelled to Finland, then to Kenia and when returning to Ghana I was told by three different taylors that it cannot be fixed. Finally a forth taylor, Rosina, promised to do it.)

So now again, I have a simple brown dress (with compicated story) to wear.

Fabric: Da Viva, plain brown

Taylor (the one who fix it): Rosina / Cape Coast, Ghana 
Location: Stormi, Finland 


 
P.S. And for those getting tired of my face: I am also tired of it, looking forward going back to Ghana and start snapping other people!

No comments:

Post a Comment