Friday 18 October 2013

Self Made Box Top


Excited about the fact, that I was able to sew us new curtains (story in Finnish), I decided to be creative and try to sew a top for myself. (Just to remind you already at this point of reading, that I am not a taylor, last time I sewed, that was in senior high, quite a long time ago.)

I used my old white lace top for an inspiration, partly because it is the simplest top I’ve seen. Basically, it is a piece of fabric with a hole for head and sides joined together from the top of the fabric. 

For my great surprise, it turned out to be a very nice one (my humble opinion). It also feels very airy, because breeze can pass from top to down, from one sleeve to another – what a cool thing to were in Ghana’s tropical climate. And made by myself, that’s enough to make it feel so special. 

Dear Brown took the pictures. Thank you. Medaase odo. 

Fabric: GTP
Fashion designer/taylor: Maame Esi
Location: Abura, Cape Coast, Ghana 






No comments:

Post a Comment